1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
I learned how to knit and crochet.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any...and my only resolution this year is to simplify and create a rhythmn for our family
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I gave birth to a bouncing baby boy on Feb 16!!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visist?
Just good ol' USA
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Nothing material...just a better state of mind
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
2/16/09..the birthdate of precious Monkey
8. What was your biggest acheivement of the year?
Homeschooling Punky. It was a difficult decision, and it was the best one we made all year!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not saving enough money, wasteful spending
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Educational materials for the boys, carpet for the living room
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My oldest son, who is blossoming in homeschooling. My youngest for his many "firsts". My husband for being an excellent father.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
In 2009, I guess my behavior at times.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Besides bills, weekend vacations, groceries, kid stuff
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
Monkey's arrival, Britney Spear's concert (shuddup), vacations, Christmas
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2009?
"Fireflies" by Owl City, "Circus" by Britney Spears, "halo" by Beyonce..and many others
17. Compared to this time last year are you:
- Happier or sadder? Happier
- Thinner or fatter? The same
- Richer or poorer? technically, poorer or the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
gone on more daytrips
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
eaten out even less
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Been done already..with my family
21. How many one-night stands?
uh, none lol
22. What was your favorite tv program?
The Office, Modern Family, Real Housewives, The Hills, Glee
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I can't think of anyone I hate besides Aaron Carter :)
24. What was the best book you read?
The Creative Family by Amanda Soule
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Bluegrass, good children's music
26. What did you want and get?
a new home to live in
27. What was your favorite film this year?
Transformers 2 (because I got to see it at midnight with Punky which made it fantastic), Up because I loved it and many others.
28. What did you do on your birthday and how old are you?
My birthday was spent with family. And I turned 33.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Simple and girly when I go out
30. What kept you sane?
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Eric Dane
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Disrespect for our President
33. Who did you miss?
My Meme. My BFF, Stacy. Friends and family up north.
34. Who was the best new person you met?
They aren't new to me...but I reconnected with cousins I haven't talked to since we were young teens...and I'm so glad we are talking again!!!
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
I found this quote on Noctural Queen as well, and it says it perfectly:
"For most of life, nothing wonderful happens. If you don't enjoy getting up and working and finishing your work and sitting down to a meal with family or friends, then the chances are that you're not going to be very happy. If someone bases his happiness or unhappiness on major events like a great new job, huge amounts of money, a flawlessly happy marriage or a trip to Paris, that person isn't going to be happy much of the time. If, on the other hand, happiness depends on a good breakfast, flowers in the yard, a drink or a nap, then we are more likely to live with quite a bit of happiness." Andy Rooney