Thursday, July 8, 2010

Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness


Our Fourth of July was very low key and simple, but tons of fun!!! My parents came over to enjoy the day with the boys, and we had a little picnic inside (it was waaaaay too hot outside).



We all dressed in our red, whites and blues. We ate popsicles when it got too hot, lit sparklers and set off little fireworks in the driveway. Took lots of pictures and had a very fun day!


Unfortunately, ONE of us was rather crabby in the mid afternoon when he missed his nap. He cheered up quite quickly though when the popsicles were brought out! (hello, Mother of The Year Award right here for snapping a pic when the little guy was not happy. LOL)

We did end up staying in for the night. Stephen had to work, so the boys and I were content to enjoy our little fireworks and watch the neighbor's set theirs off. There were so many going off that we had our own fireworks extravaganza just outside our door!

I'm so very thankful for living in a country where I am free to speak my mind. A country where I am allowed to venture outside the home in shorts and flip flops if I so choose. A country where I am free to be a SAHM. A country where I can home school my children without repercussions. I am so very proud to be American. Life is Grand!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment